Im New......

mr104x

and welcome from me too! One word of advise, don't buy just watches, tools are important too...buy them all! :D

Cheers,

Bob

PS. More like 11 words?

I will thanks for the advise Bob. [emoji1417]

And thanks for the welcome guys.

I have allot to learn.

Send from outer space

Hi mr104x, (you need a handle that trips off the tongue more easily than that I feel!)  :blink:

Welcome to WRT world where the folk are friendly and knowledgeable and a sense of humour is an asset.

What's clear as regards tools is that some cheaper tools will do some jobs but that, when it comes to stuff like screwdrivers, quality is essential. I'm just a ham-fisted tyro but Mark and the Mods will give you expert advice if you take the time to run it past them. There are posts on most subjects so I recommend reading as many as you can. Don't go mad buying stuff to quickly.

Which bit of outer space are you from by the way?  :rolleyes:

Have fun!

John

If you do buy tools off Ebay try to avoid the cheap and nasty ones coming out of China...even the kits.  I have a kit (which I seldom use because I am frightened of doing more harm than good to my watches) from China that really is very shoddy.  It was a poor choice.  About the only useful things in the kit are the lug remover, the microscrewdrivers and the snap-on case remover.

And welcome, btw. I am relatively new here too.  ^_^

Forgot to say, if I was you I wouldn't even attempt to service your watch to start with, if you value it. Get something very cheap of eBay, even a broken watch. Strip it down and resemble a few times, then move onto your own watch

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thats exactly what i was planning.

Send from outer space

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from me as well,

Slow an steady and use good clear magnification unless your eyesight is amazingly good without it . My tip which is followed by lots of the old hands is to take photos at every stage before dismantling to get a reference point for putting it back together, just go through the photos backwards.

Cheers,

Vic