Disassemble Doxa Dial

drini

Not to say you should do this but I purchased a lot with about 50 movements in it (maybe more) and strip them down as needed.  For now, I am somewhat organized with it and can "pull" parts from specific movements.  Wish I had your model movement, I'd be happy to send you that screw!!!!  Good luck, thanks for keeping us posted:)

• Like 1

i tried yesterday to find a screw but no luck.

Today found a watch service where the guy had a screw of the width i needed but

he didn't pay attention that the tip of the screw of getting out. (I didn't also probably due to the excitement of getting one step closer)

When i putted the bridge in place i found it was not flat which made the main spring barrel getting out of its whole when i rotated the watch and as a result the watch would not work.

On the quest to shorten the screw i lost it :D, it is somewhere in the room but i have given up searching.

i assembled the watch, fitted back the dial and the hands, gave some rotation to the ratchet wheel.

below is a sample of the watch working, it has been working for the last 2-3H.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TLvipEkQwQ&feature=youtu.be

i will see for some glue to fix the original screw in place.

Well i managed to fix the screw and after 2 days of testing the watch is working.

I haven't fully recharged the main spring as i fear the crown wheel will pop off :).

From checking the watch during these two days i see that is working 1-2 second  ahead of the watch in my PC, i have tried many times to regulate the beating of the balance by putting it in the slow motion but as i see it the watch always finds a way to speed up :)

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE SUPPORT/SUGGESTIONS YOU HAVE GIVEN ME DURING THIS TIME :)

Operation can be called finished 

• Like 2

thanks guys for the compliments, but to tell the truth i did lose my temperament but took it out on my tools :D :D.

As for the new project i will start disassembling my old CASIO EDIFICE(1st watch i bought with my money). it is nearly 9 years old and from the outside is Ok but i now that the inside needs some cleaning.

As for a project like working on an old watch, i have to think about it.

i have to consider the cost i have to invest in such a project(buying a not working watch + parts) but will keep an open mind on it :)

• Like 1

Hi drini,

Great job!

Now a word of caution: Casios are mostly either unfixable (no parts from Casio) or have movements from Citizen or Seiko that most likely are not available to the general public, not serviceable or a royal pain in the rear to do that. Not my first choice for a repair/learning watch.

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

I've broken my fair share of tools and movements due to aggravation, especially in the beginning when I had cheap tools...I have since learned to calm down, walk away then do a little yelling in another room;)

• Like 1

LOL, I'm compiling a "Cursing Guide for the Frustrated Watchmaker or How to NOT Screw Up Further by Releasing Steam", with stuff I come up when I'm mad at my watches! There are sections of "Proper Cursing When an Irreplaceable Part Pings Away", and "Proper Cursing When YOU Really Screw Up: Your Fault" and of course a "Best Practice for Cursing in Watchmaking" and "Compendium of Effective Coursing Expletives" as bonus chapters! :D

• Like 2

LOL, I'm compiling a "Cursing Guide for the Frustrated Watchmaker or How to NOT Screw Up Further by Releasing Steam", with stuff I come up when I'm mad at my watches! There are sections of "Proper Cursing When an Irreplaceable Part Pings Away", and "Proper Cursing When YOU Really Screw Up: Your Fault" and of course a "Best Practice for Cursing in Watchmaking" and "Compendium of Effective Coursing Expletives" as bonus chapters! :D

Yes! I need to expand my vocabulary instead of just dropping f bombs and shouting [EXPLETIVE DELETED] over and over!