Asian 7750?

Paul78

Ive been asked if i can repair a replica watch which has a replica valjoux 7750 movement, im led to believe this is an Asian 7750. Is this the actual brand or is it just called an asian 7750 becuas its from asia? and secondly, where can i get one if i need parts?

I assumed it would be a china movement, but no luck in fnding which one if it is.

Thanks

It is just called Asian. There are different factories, none of which have a name or makes parts avaialble. Some parts could be interchangeable with the original, some are not. Apparently the people that knows the details do not seem to hang out in Internet forums.

It is cheap and if you need a two-subdials version a complete watch is even cheaper, but consider that shipping always take a minimum of three weeks.

The same is also available from Cousins UK for a little more. 

This is the way it,s going to go with all ETA and other Swiss movements. Just replacing the whole movement is the only option .

When you look at the vast reduction of the labour costs its a very sensible & economical repair/fix.

• Like 2

I agree BUT if no parts are available there is only one option.

I think that is for the owner of original watch owner to decide, not the repairer. Fit a generic movement and basically kill watch's value, or bring it to an "official watchmaker" that has unlimited access to ETA parts.

I have been buying old, faulty ETA movements for a year or so now, mainly for the sole purpose of salvaging what I can, and stockpile the spares in compartment storage boxes.  Takes a lot of time, but its a worthy thing to do.

I think that is for the owner of original watch owner to decide, not the repairer. Fit a generic movement and basically kill watch's value, or bring it to an "official watchmaker" that has unlimited access to ETA parts.

Agree the customer is always right

I have been buying old, faulty ETA movements for a year or so now, mainly for the sole purpose of salvaging what I can, and stockpile the spares in compartment storage boxes.  Takes a lot of time, but its a worthy thing to do.

Don't you find that the parts that actually break are always the same, and you risk collecting parts that will never be needed?

Hi guys,

I went to AliExpress but only found complete watches. Do they actually sell movements? Maybe I'm missing something?

On the other hand, I've stock piled some common ETA faulty movements too. At some point I'll be making most of them runners again and if parts become difficult I already have the donors...

Cheers,

Bob

What's your definition of an 'Official Watch Maker' ?? Just because I refuse to spend thousands on overpriced tools to repair swatch group watches does that make my business (which has repaired over 2500 watches and clocks in the last 12 months ) not official??

And can I just point out, my question is regarding a replica Cartier watch, which currently has an Asia 7750, no one is going to replace ETA with chinese

What's your definition of an 'Official Watch Maker' ?? Just because I refuse to spend thousands on overpriced tools to repair swatch group watches does that make my business (which has repaired over 2500 watches and clocks in the last 12 months ) not official??

If you noticed I've used double quotes to de-empathize the significance of "official". Clearly, myself as anybody else on this forum sympathize with independent watchmakers.

Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that a business not officially recognized by the maker will have no access to ETA parts anymore, let alone hobbyists,

Edited by jdm

Don't you find that the parts that actually break are always the same, and you risk collecting parts that will never be needed?

Yes, that is something I have noticed, however, the way I see it, even ETA parts left over, other movements parts from other faulty ETA movements help assemble a fully working movement, sometimes takes months, or years no doubt, I never throw any parts away.

The answer to your question as far as the watch manufacturers are concerned is ......... Yes.

Unfortunately this is the sad truth of the matter, and that is no reflection on how good you are. You will of course still be able to continue servicing watches, and as long as it is just CLA there will not be an issue. If parts are required, you will only be able to purchase them from suppliers like of Cousins until their stock runs out. After that it will be a case of trawl the net for what you can dredge up.

• Like 1