Asian 7750?

Paul78

If you noticed I've used double quotes to de-empathize the significance of "official". Clearly, myself as anybody else on this forum sympathize with independent watchmakers.Unfortunately that doesn't change the fact that a business not officially recognized by the maker will have no access to ETA parts anymore, let alone hobbyists,

Well that's fair enough, I'm sorry I interpreted it wrong, inread it more like we're not official repairers if we don't have swatch approval.

This whole industry is going tits up, I hope swatch shoot them selves in the foot (and I think they will) Fossil group closed my account about 5 months ago because I don't stock any of their brands - I don't stock them because they won't let me stock them, I tried to stock some of their brands last year, the rep didn't even give me the courtesy of a return call. Its made no difference to me, in fact I probably make a bigger return because my customers 9 times out of 10 go for the generic options anyway because they are a fraction of the price, and I hope swatch customers do the same, I hope the Chinese copy all of the movements so we can offer an alternative, because the feedback I get from a lot of my customers is they will take the cheaper option, because who cares what the engine looks like when it's under the hood, aslong as on the outside it says Omega, why do you think the owners of these watches come to me now... Because I charge £300 where 'official swatch' repairers charge £800 because they have to pay for that 900 movement holder!

• 7 months later...

Aye--Hope so!

Flood the spares market with affordable quality movements and stuff Swatch and their small-mindedness!

I see that STP aint a bad movement, some testing done implies possibility of better than ETA--Swiss too for those that care...

• 1 year later...