Seiko 7C46 Day-Date Problem .

rogart63

The fast setting on the quartz movement seams to be broken or something has happen to it . Anyone worked on this movement . Don't want to take it apart if it can't be fixed . It's a front loader  The day-date works as it should and shift at 00.00 . But can't be set when the crown is pulled out to the first click . 

//Roger 

Found the problem .But don't now what to do about it ? Can i buy from Jules Borel & co? Think they have the part? It's a yoke for a 7C46 movement . Somebody has welded it in the wrong position? Or it's the weld that sticks up a little from the surface?  So that the  clutch wheel doesn't go all the way back to the setting wheel . I shall try cleaning up the weld .By polishing it with a rubber wheel on the dremel .

post-644-0-30006900-1448391535_thumb.jpg

Edited by rogart63

Found the problem .But don't now what to do about it ? Can i buy from Jules Borel & co? Think they have the part? It's a yoke for a 7C46 movement . Somebody has welded it in the wrong position? Or it's the weld that sticks up a little from the surface?  So that the  clutch wheel doesn't go all the way back to the setting wheel . I shall try cleaning up the weld .By polishing it with a rubber wheel on the dremel .

attachicon.gifDSC04940.JPG

A doggy weld giving the wrong shape.  See below

post-234-0-68628800-1448393906.png

A doggy weld giving the wrong shape.  See below

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-11-24 at 19.37.50.png

It snapped :( I even taped it to the table . Very gently polishing each side . But it didn't work .  Probably been harder in the metal by the heating from the weld . Snapped at an other place besides the weld . 

Edited by rogart63

The owner has contacted Jules Borel . I couldn´t find it there but apparently he could . So hopefully we can get it to work as it should again . I am very afraid i am going to destroy something with the electronics . Fingers crossed :)