Remove Stem Seiko H601-5050 (Duo Timer)

Donut50

Haven't encountered this type of stem release before, it's a seiko h601-5050 (duo timer) and I want to remove the stem.
BUT the big problem is that it doesn't use a conventional way of locking the stem (no push button/screw)

Does some expert know how to remove the stem, took a picture, the movement it says I should turn something with an aroow pointing to a hole that lets me see the stem.

Any help icon_wink.gif?

post-1529-0-51628800-1445346629_thumb.jp

I have not worked on the caliber but I would say that the screw marked turn needs to be turned 3/4 of a turn & the stem should pull out.  However don,t turn the screw too much as it can release the setting lever & the watch will have to be removed from the case & hands & dial removed to re -attach.

Someone with more Seiko expertise might know better.

• Like 1

Thanks for trying to help me, but the screws are not related to the locking/lever mechanism, they're just for keeping the main plate secure to the movement.

Took a more clear and detailed picture, may help I think.

post-1529-0-86721400-1445357320_thumb.jp

Welcome Donut50. Thanks for posting a better quality picture. Pull the stem out to the setting position and a lever should appear in the hole you have circled in red. Using a small screwdriver or something similar, press the lever while gently pulling the stem and it should come out. The screw marked turn is more than likely a quarter turn fastener that holds down the top plate.

• Like 1

You were right the first time, the hole marked turn is where you remove the stem. 

Insert a largish screwdriver into the hole that says turn and turn the screwdriver 45 to 90 degrees while pulling on the stem to open up the jaws inside it. It may take a few attempts as you can't really see what you are doing but should feel it open up. Once you spread that clip the stem should pull out easily. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

Well.... actually, to remove the stem I needed to remove the top plate and the digital circuit of the watch to get to the keyless works, from that on it was pretty simple to remove the stem, this movement actually doesn't really have a unlock lever or screw, it has a small spring around the stem in the shape of the letter omega, and you needed to remove that spring and the stem would come loose. Pretty interesting movement, quite complex too. Thanks for all the help!

I see now... , it wouldn't be neccesary to dissasemble it whole, but it doesn't really matter anyways, the parts are currently in my ultrasonic cleaner(circuit, coil not ofcourse). Now I know with these kind of movements that a spring keeps the stem in place.
That's why we are here right? To learn something.

That's the great thing about horology, there have been so many ways created to do the similar things. This was a new one for me. :)

It certainly is, even though I'm not that of an expert on ana/digi combo quartz watches I took the jump and even though is diffecult, it is certainly enjoyable to do it right when having almost no experience ^_^