Hi!

Hi,

I'm Dan - I tend to go by the internet handle of gutted.  I'm a bit of a car nerd, and am quite into British cars from the 80s (my passion is for Austin Rover and MGs from the 80s).  Other than having a passion for car mechanics, I'm a bit of a collector (my wife might use the word "hoarder"): I have quite a collection of CDs, and every once in a while I'll try and hunt down a CD to add to my collection; I have a decent collection of Target books from when I used to be into Doctor Who when I was a kid; and I still have all my old 'Zoids' toys from when I was a kid.  I've not been caching for a while, but I occasionally go hunting for geocaching.

So: 80s cars, CDs, Doctor Who, 'Zoids' and geocaching.  AKA a bit of a nerd.

I stumbled on an old Timex quartz watch (MG-branded, from the 80s!) and I've signed up here to see if I can learn how to bring it back to life.

I'm keen to learn, but I'm starting from zero - please go easy on me if I ask daft questions!

Dan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

There is no such thing on here as daft questions, we all have to start somewhere. You might find this helpful.  

704789946_TZIllustratedGlossary(2).pdf 4.2 MB · 1 download

That's a fantastic guide - thank you!