Glad to have found this forum!

Hi!  I've recently gotten interested in repairing pocketwatches, and am delighted to have found some likeminded people.  In a previous life, I built acoustic guitars, and found online forums to be invaluable in learning really important tips.

I am a curious guy, always interested in learning new things, a father of three young adults, currently studying cybersecurity.

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Best,

Corky

Welcome Corky. My great uncle used to build and repair violins and my uncle built guitars in his spare time. I tried both building and playing instruments a long time ago, but all I ended up doing was annoying the neighborhood cats. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you, all!  I am really looking forward to learning from you.  I am an obsessive hobbyist who loves nothing better than to "go deep" on an interesting topic and learn from experts.  eccentric, yes, guitar building was a fascinating pastime for some years for me, and I learned from a number of really experienced luthiers online in a similar forum.  Sadly, I moved and no longer have access to a full wood shop, so that's out.  But I think watch repair offers many of the same interests , while taking up less space!  Looking forward!

Hi Corky, great to have you on board. I've got some pickups from a Mexican Stratocaster to fit and may need some help working out what position they go, so it's serendipity that you're here.

I know the are electrical, but you might know.

17 minutes ago, Jon said:

Hi Corky, great to have you on board. I've got some pickups from a Mexican Stratocaster to fit and may need some help working out what position they go, so it's serendipity that you're here.

I know the are electrical, but you might know.

Jon, Thanks for the welcome.  I have not done a lot of work on electrics, but I have lots of access to very knowledgeable folks.  Happy to help!