Fossil dual face watch battery replacement

Hi my name is Tom and I am new to the group.

Need help. I am trying to replace the battery in my Fossil Grant dual face watch, FS5123. I have tried several ways to separate the watch and nothing has worked. The black face seems to be the side that separates. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

20240216_145214.jpg

20240216_145236.jpg

20240216_145246.jpg

Hi, welcome, you don't show the  back of the watch, I can't tell if its a screw-back or snap-back, from the picture it looks like a snap=back which would need to be separated by an opened that is different for screw-back.....surly someone on here has seen this watch  before...

Hi , the process as I remember involves in removing one of the stems. The rotary you remove the bezel and remove the stem and the watch lifts out so in effect you have two watches one on top of the other. Whether the tissot employs the same method I can’t be sure.

• Like 1

Hi. There are also some watches that have screws around the circumference, these are hollow with a slot and usually level with the surface. When these are removed the two cases pull apart. There can be up to four such screws I guess depending on the make,    That’s all I know about these type watches.

I have tried a knife blade, a screw movement single blade back remover and 4 blade screw movement bezel remover, nothing seems to work. 

There are no screws on the sides of the watch. there are 2 pin and pin holes opposite each other on the side for the band as shown in the photo.

Hi sharp eyes @eccentric59 the slot is lost in the glare from the case. Most have pry off bezels some are attached with  four screws around the bezel and the rotary you remove the watch fron the case ( pivot screws) and lift our the movements  and then remove the case screws from the periphery and split the case but in almost every case the stem has to be removed once access is gained.

Hi @RichardHarris123 not necessarily, on the some the dial is in two parts. Once the bezel is removed the chapter ring is removed gaining access to the stem release, once done the top watch lifts off allowing both batteries to be changed. They all seem to employ the same method just achieved differently On others the bezel is removed by removing screw on the bezel , others use pry points. Its a case of careful inspection before proceeding.

• Like 1