Newbie here, Isle of Man based

Hello all.  Been falling down this watch repair rabbit hole for several months now.  All started after I bought myself a Rollie as an investment, and watched a service video.  Then got hooked on all these videos - Wristwatch Revival, French Watch Collector, Nekkid Watchmaker... - and fancied having a go myself. And I've been collecting more watches too.

I bought a Rotate watches kit, and managed to disassemble the included movements, and reassemble 2 out of 3 successfully (I broke the escape wheel pivots on one of them).  Since then I've been accumulating tools, buying old watches off ebay and doing my best to fix them up, with some success.

Am thinking of doing servicing as a part-time hobby/career once I retire from my day-job in a few years, and in the meantime will get more tools, more experience, complete the courses, and get my confidence up with servicing some of my own watches before taking on customers.

• Like 1

Bonefixer

Welcome. Way to go!

Make sure you watch Chronoglide. Deals nearly always with what problems occur and what may have caused it. It gives the ability to understand and apply Mark's level 3. 

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar

7 hours ago, rossjackson01 said:

Bonefixer

Welcome. Way to go!

Make sure you watch Chronoglide. Deals nearly always with what problems occur and what may have caused it. It gives the ability to understand and apply Mark's level 3. 

I’ve watched some. I like the guy but he talks too much. I sit there thinking “just get to the point”🙄

7 hours ago, rehajm said:

Do you know Roger Smith? 😄

I know of him, and his mentor the late George Daniels. I could just knock on his door and ask for help removing my broken arbor screw I suppose 🤣

• Haha 1