Omega speedmaster case, genuine or fake.

Hi all, I put in a bid for this Omega speedmaster watch case , its missing back plate, seller has  listed it as geniune.

Personally can't tell fake from original . much appreciate your opinion.

IMG_5822.thumb.jpeg.af53379fbc250194b72f93182b73a064.jpeg

Likely a fake 145.022 imho.

Here you see some pics of originals. Look at the space between number „60“ and the word „TACHYMETRE“. The edges look very rounded too.

IMG_5828.jpeg

IMG_5825.jpeg

Edited by Kalanag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The pushers don't look the same either. Next to that, the ≈"45" degrees side-edges on the original have a mirror-finish, not so clear to see, if at all, on the first picture.

If in doubt, don't do it !

Edited by Endeavor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found some more pictures to look at and the history brings up a little problem. You look at the history this watch was made for quite a number of years and apparently came in variations. 🙂 It makes a little harder to compare one to another it's a shame it didn't have the back.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/buying-guide-omega-speedmaster-professional-145-022/

Well we can rule out it being a later generation one because if it was as the link above shows they started putting the serial numbers on the case and I don't see  the serial number.

Then as wondering if this picture would tell us anything? I'm not sure entirely why but this picture is making me feel happy the push buttons don't quite look like the ones found on the website above.

17070677_1663225544_612.thumb.jpg.7a9df5321d4286b6f45206355d67bf87.jpg

I went looking to see if we can find in the other pictures of the backside here's one

image.png.0336396bdbddf549eaa803b008cf470c.png

Found another one.

One of the things that's noticeably different between your case in these two is where exactly does the gasket go on your case? It should be a nice big groove for the O-ring and I'm not seeing it? Plus the buttons are just bothering me especially the lower but then your picture it just looks wrong looks too big for the two bits on you look at the Omega ones they look like if it is really nice which is what you would expect.

MOV.thumb.jpg.dfde21ddf5e998fbe76725245fe663d5.jpg

2 minutes ago, Endeavor said:

The pushers don't look the same either.

I was just looking at the inside or how the button was sitting on the tube and yes they don't quite look the same do they.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Different case, but here the pushers and build up of my 1975 Speedmaster Mark II;

MarkIIpushers.jpg.022664b5ab11c65d0eb744e7aba6f201.jpg

MarkIIcase.jpg.3b66796ef71d95b2451cd8aa127bde5d.jpg

There is a big chance that Omega used the same pushers for their Speedmasters (?).

Edited by Endeavor
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Endeavor said:

If in doubt, don't do it !

Not a big investment, asking price is just $8 plus 50 US cents for shipping.

I don't have such watch, don't really need this scrap.

Imagine sending a part of this to forum a member,  embaressing and late to find it to be fake then.

Rgds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...