New member from Portugal

emanuel

Chamo-me Emanuel comecei a pouco tempo a mexer em relógios, mas quero ir aprendendo mais sobre relógio. Parece.me um boa ideia está comunidade. 

Cumprimentos

EmanueL 

I have translated this Emanuel into English

My name is Emanuel. I recently started working with watches, but I want to learn more about watches. This community seems like a good idea to me. Compliments

Edited by oldhippy
Translated from Portuguese to English

8 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

welcome.

How do you say pocket watch in your language ? 

Nucejoe Relógio de bolso

9 hours ago, clockboy said:

Welcome to the forum, enjoy.

por favor corresponda em inglês

Thanks i appreviste

8 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

Emanuel could you use English please. 

Thanks i appreciate. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• At the lowest magnification, I can just get all of a normal wristwatch size movement in field. For some things it's too much magnification, but the nice thing about the eyepieces is they only take seconds to swap in and out. I'm genuinely surprised I've never read about anyone else doing it, to be honest.
    • I've attached two photographs - the watch case looks like it needs the crown to extend into the case to pick up the stem if that makes sense
    • The K&D (Levin made the same style too, probably others as well) are a clever design and work well when you get used to them. The only issue is if you wind the spring so that the tongue goes in, there's a really good chance it slips futher and then comes out  the next slot, usually breaking off. Best to size it so you can fit it in the barrel with the tongue sticking out.
    • I guess that's me... I work with various pumps, motors, sensors, computers, PCBs, and lots of code and chemistry. Couldn't tell you much about life with a mechatronics degree, as I've never heard the term before. My degree is in Entrepreneurship, and I bootstrapped all the technical stuff (my superpower). On the face of it, it sounds like mechatronics is the better way to go between the two, but it seems hard to imagine a mech E degree without a lot of code and electronics these days...   Whatever happened with his CS project, btw?
    • Totally Andy's brilliant idea. I just started the thread.  For what my opinion is worth, the number should be quite low. That's the point of it. It's as much about the hunt as the act of servicing/repairing the watches. I don't have too much of an opinion on currency, but £ has a slight edge since that's what it started with. This is a global forum, so the majority of people will be converting values no matter what. I don't know if there are any currency traders here, but if there's any currency that's especially stable or some other attribute that would benefit the game, that could be amusing. Maybe one that's super volatile? Qualification is heavily influenced by what wacky things some currency is doing on a given day (though usually that means shrinkage). We could go for something super obscure like the Chilean Peso or something just for giggles (though it might make conversion difficult). A lot of currencies are indexed to the US$, which would ease some of the conversion friction for some people. Just spitballing. My vote in the poll would be for £ inflation adjusted to £4.04 ca. 2020. I'm ticking those boxes, but I'm not sure about the 6.99. Is that £, or another currency? Source?