Colibri hunting case pocket watch qtz movement removal

I have a friends hunting case pocket watch that needs a new battery.  I can't figure out how the movement can be removed.  This case seems to only have access from the front side. 

Things I've tried

• I pulled the stem out to setting position to see if a set lever arm would show itself in the small gap of dial and case but no luck.
  • I've turned the movement dial down and rotated the crown in hopes of a split stem, no luck.
  • I've tried to see if the dial feet were just slightle frictioned to plastic retainers in the case but it didn't want to pry out any.  Most likely it's the knife-edge arms that are swung in to bite the dial feet post.  I don't want to break the feet off.
  • ???

Thanks for any advice

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_2085.jpeg '

IMG_2084.jpeg

Edited by GeorgeC

Thanks, I had lifted the movement slightly to free the spacer ring from the case to determine if there was a split stem being used.  I slowly rotated the crown to allow for a male/female to slide free but it doesn't appear to be used here.

Edited by GeorgeC

• 3 weeks later...

you don't show the movement and there is where you will find the place to push and release the stem, you should do this before removing the crystal bezel, I have never seen this type of case with a two-piece stem, it will possibly have a tube to connect to the opening/lock case spring if the crown doesn't have a long post on it...