I don't suppose we could have a picture of the movement after all this is a watch repair discussion group we like movement pictures.

Also that's a rather interesting case that you have can't quite see the hallmarks on the back but it looks like a English sterling silver case.

Look very very carefully at the front as there may not actually be a place to insert a knife. I'm guessing because the age of the case then it probably just pops off. As it's not something you do on a regular basis it's not going to have a big groove to insert a knife. We could also give you a date for when the case was made if we could see the hallmarks better. The same as if we had the serial number of the watch would you give your date of that.

Then out of curiosity don't have a location under your name I don't suppose you want to give a country that you're located in or the country that the watch perhaps came from not the country was manufactured in but the country works purchased from?

• 1 month later...