Seiko 7T62, Cant find new coil! Help please!

Welderman84

Seiko 7T62-0ch0 cannot find replacement coil. 

I'm desperate for help. I need a coil! I've been wearing this was everyday for about 20 years, even to work and I'm a welder. Ive only had to replace the clasp once, and the crystal a few times from welding spatter. 

Took it to my normal jewelr, thought it was battery, next day noticed it stopped again, so he sent it to his "watch guy" said the coil had gone bad? Three months and was told neither of them could locate a coil for this watch. Im beyond picky and wear the same watch, ring and necklace every day... I absolutely love this watch, i looked for months before finding it. Back then i got it for $200, after the store wide half off sale supposedly. Ive shopped and shopped and just couldn't wear any other watch daily, that i can afford anyways.

I cannot get the back off to even take pictures, assuming a tool is needed. Where can I find a replacement coil, or are there 2? I'd even try and buy a used beat up one for the coil if it still worked. If the coil is simply copper wire wrapped up how could it not be fixed? Maybe his watch guy isn't really a solid repair guy and just swaps out parts? Any advice or help in the right direction would be appreciated! 

16953603957412160008049910215482.jpg

16953604181252590281338051802817.jpg

16953604428325828624081507852907.jpg

19 minutes ago, Welderman84 said:

Three months and was told neither of them could locate a coil for this watch.

Strange, you can buy a complete new movement and have it through your letterbox by the end of the week for £69.75, CousinsUK is a public site, so you don't need to be a business or anything to use them.

image.thumb.png.70528c4fef92dda7b64cf31407cda35e.png

Link here:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/seiko-quartz-movements?code=7T62M

Hope this helps

PS

Not sure how much of a "watch guy" your watch guy is if he can't source this movement, so you may want to look elsewhere... just my opinion 🙂

• Like 3