NH36 Date changing at 4am instead of 12am

JayK

Hello everyone, 

My recent mod was looking good until the date change happened at 4am and not 12am?! Is there a fix without removing hands etc. as I don't want to do that cuz I'm really happy with the finish and don't want to risk scuffing dial or damaging hands etc.

Appreciate the advice/help folks.

Jay

Hi,

Yes that's exactly how I put the hands on, I've done five previous builds and I've always put the hands on following this method so I'm baffled as to why this date change is happening at 4am?!

Thanks for the reply.

It might be rubbing are you sure the date change isn't bent and that it is seated correctly. I wonder if the dial is catching so look at the dial feet to see if they sit correctly in there holes. Should it have a tension washer that goes over the hour wheel is that missing or if its got one is it good.

Seiko NH movement so no dial washer. As oldhippy says the hands need to be reset for the date change to happen at midnight, as it is NH36 it has a day wheel as well, iirc the day on these changes around 4am.

Tom

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomh207 said:

@oldhippy according to the thread title it in a Seiko NH36 caliber, that is why I answered under that assumption.

Tom

I forgot it was a Seiko (old age is a bugger) 🤣

Is that little circlip in it's place and is it flat and not bent. 

• Like 2

Hello folks, 

I didn't get time over the weekend but I did manage to reset the hands yesterday and the date change is now working correctly. However, I did scuff the dial a bit 😞

Lesson learnt - get it right the first time! 

Thanks again. 

• Like 3