Hi, and am I ever happy to find you!

Hello! I have been reading some of the introductions here hoping to find a story like mine, but I have not found any two alike. My horo story is: I have been collecting rabidly for a couple of years and although that isn't much time  overall, I have compensated with quantity of watches collected and intensity of focus on the matter. I would be a tad embarrassed to say just how many I have, but the truth is I do not know.  However,  it is fair to say I have hundreds that are safe to practice repair on without any great loss of money, and without harming (hardly) any fine, healthy watches. I am excited as heck to go sign up for the class bundle!

I have been figuring it out on my own, with books and just with practicing on my collection. I have both pocket and wrist watches. I am drawn to pre-1900 American pocket watches and to the Swiss wristwatches of the 1940's through 1960s, but I am interested in watches outside of those lines as well. I have not caught the super high-end watch bug yet, but it's probably only a matter of time.

My goal is to learn how to put watches I take apart back together again, that's the tricky part for me. I can clean the heck out of any watch though and get the crystal and case looking sharp. If a watch is wound so tightly it cannot run, I can generally get it to do some amount of ticking again, I can replace a winding stem and also I can get hands off and on with some degree of confidence. Now to learn all of the rest!! I am very grateful to find this forum, in advance. Last, I am in Northern California.