What is the point of this tool???

You see that little round hole on the top? That's for you to hang it. You could use it to make earrings, wind chime, mobiles, bird scarer....

You could hang it 100 yards away and use it for target practice.

It can keep your cat amused for hours so that you can work undisturbed. Maybe it'll work on the grandkids too.

It's really useful. 🤪

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, HectorLooi said:

You see that little round hole on the top? That's for you to hang it. You could use it to make earrings, wind chime, mobiles, bird scarer....

You could hang it 100 yards away and use it for target practice.

It can keep your cat amused for hours so that you can work undisturbed. Maybe it'll work on the grandkids too.

It's really useful. 🤪

Well, it is either my home state, or my general personna...either way, you have correctly discerned. Many calibers and configurations to choose from!

7 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

I guess a guide to choose the right renata battery for your device, specially helpful if a dead battery at hand (made by another brand) is discontinued.

We can also ask renata. 

I guess if the battery is not labeled, or (as you say) no longer available.  Otherwise, the old battery tells you what to get for the new battery.

3 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

I guess a guide to choose the right renata battery for your device, specially helpful if a dead battery at hand (made by another brand) is discontinued.

We can also ask renata. 

👍bob on Nucejoe. The watch you are working on somebody may have used or you may wish to use Maxcell, Energizer,  Rayovac, JCB, Duracell, Varta, Citizen, Seiko, Timex, AG, IEC, Panasonic, Eveready, Toshiba, Sony etc, etc. Although some use the same codes.  Charts are available and a pair of insulated calipers to double check the size, but a beginner might want something simple and convenient , whats more convenient than this ?

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
  • Like 1

That sort of tool was around way back when those horrid battery movements started to take off they were free 

The usefulness would be to anyone starting out repairing those movements replacing batteries not being able to keep a vast stock because it will be expensive, not being able or not aware of tec sheets or helping with the ID of a battery for a odd movement providing the old battery is still available, some batteries have no I D on them.   

Edited by oldhippy
  • Like 2