New fro Kansas City (about 2 minutes from Jules Borel !)

Vinito

Hi folks. I'm new to both this forum and myself personally working on watches, but in a way not new to the watchmaking trade. What I mean is, I'm pretty old but my brother, now deceased, was a master watchmaker so I was exposed to the field since the '70s. I had a kind of "stick it to The Man" resentment of living by the clock so I stupidly never took advantage of talking much shop with my brother while I had the chance. This is especially stupid since it's not like I just don't have the temperament or personality for it - I am a machinist and toolmaker by trade! In my defense, my brother always lived pretty far away in all but about 2 years of my life, but still... we always got along great so there simply wasn't any good reason why we didn't spend a bunch of time talking shop both directions other than the standard problem of all of us being so dang busy to have time to step ouside ourselves.

I am not exactly a stranger to working on small scale stuff and my brother did hand some tools down to me over the years, i.e. tweezers, loupes, etc. Even an old Boley lathe & some collets.

Anyway, I'm kinda getting into it a little bit lately, so hoping to glean some info of you veterans and maybe having a little something to offer now and then.

Vinito

• Like 1