Another tinkerer

Gregjam

After watching and admiring Mark's videos on youtube which resulted in me having an Amphibia in pieces I really appreciate how difficult working on watches is but find them fascinating. I live in Thailand but work abroad and get long periods at home which allow me an excess of time to pore over the internals of a watch. As I am getting older I now like large watches with clear simple dials that I can read hence my current favourites being my Panerai and Tudor Black Bay Bronze. It started with changing batteries for friends and family but now I prefer to steer clear of quartz and prefer mechanical watches. My collection ranges from said quartz pieces including a nice Mondaine railway clock type watch through some citizen eco-drive watches (one being a minute repeater as it is unlikely that I could afford a mechanical one) and mechanical watches. My first mechanical watch was a Seiko Actus (Seiko 5 for Japanese market) bought in 1977 which I gave to my father and have since inherited, still working but could do with a service. Amongst my collection are a Vostok 24 hour dial  and Amphibia, Seiko 5's, Chinese Brigada Tourbillon and some homages at the cheaper end which are suitable to practice on. A little bit higher up are watches from Glycine, Ball and a step higher are a PAM590, latest Omega Seamaster, Tudor black bay bronze and lately I have picked up a Corum Admirals Cup with the rattrapante movement (which needs servicing and an extra link which I will ask about on the forum). I have joined this forum as it appears to have others with similar interests and hopefully I can both get advice plus, if I can, offer some in the event I am able to.