Third Wheel extended Pivot - Bulova 10AK

Hi everyone!

I am servicing a Bulova 10AK with a drive wheel on the top of the main bridge.

This drive wheel (golden wheel in the picture) is attached to the third wheel (located below the bridge) by the extended pivot through the bridge (there is a jewel between them).

I am looking for the third wheel with extended pivot (it seems a little bended) but I can't find references or suply for this movement. 

Maybe this part is the same used in other movements of Bulova in this age (10Ak seems from the end of 40's), but I could not find anything related too.

Does anyone know any path in order to find a replacement for this part?

5BBBE602-D9C0-48B7-B592-95FC0A2FDFB7.thumb.jpeg.53bacc2cca85e88e00c9135104cfb801.jpeg

I've attached a page from a Bulova parts catalog, I think you're looking for part #5B

It doesn't look like that part is shared with any other calibres, just the AKc.s. (center seconds) and AKCSH (center seconds, hacking).

That will be a tough part to find, most likely source will be a donor movement. 

IMG_20220924_192612.thumb.jpg.8b80e9c81a5f0e7461614d778ee9e7b5.jpg

Edited by dadistic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dadistic said:

I've attached a page from a Bulova parts catalog, I think you're looking for part #5B

It doesn't look like that part is shared with any other calibres, just the AKc.s. (center seconds) and AKCSH (center seconds, hacking).

That will be a tough part to find, most likely source will be a donor movement. 

IMG_20220924_192612.thumb.jpg.8b80e9c81a5f0e7461614d778ee9e7b5.jpg

Thank you!

Sad news. I found a third wheel of Bulova 10xx very similaron ebay the of the mov family but according this sheet it won’t work though. It seems my A-11 project is rest in peace. 

another reference for cross-referencing parts is at the link below which does bring up another problem. as you see there were lots of variations of the third wheel seat at the very careful in ordering one to order the exact one that you need or you'll be in for a surprise.

then the other thing nice about the site below is when you click on the wheel you think you want to purchase whether or not they still have it or not you get the second link which lists all the watches that use the same part in other words you get the cross reference

then the part number is looking for would be 214/30. This is where unfortunately the online material houses will typically not list this kind of thing. Is where you have to make an inquiry to the various material houses as to whether they have the part. Because they have way more parts not listed than they actually have listed then sometimes you can take the part number and go to their home page of the main websites and at least it find out whether it's still available but it doesn't even come up on the listing. In fact he gets confused with it being out lot of other things which is very unhelpful.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=BUL_10AK

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=V]^DZD

• Like 1