Purchased Today

CKelly

I have been doing some repair work for a local jewelry  store and Monday I took the owner a Zodiac Seawolf that I had restored for him and he had a pile of watches that someone had brought in and offered to sell him. He didn't want them but thought of me and asked me if I wanted to make an offer. Evidently a former watchmakers wife is selling off his estate. I thought I might get some to sell and possibly keep a couple. Almost all of them need cleaning but all of them do work. I wasn't sure about the accutrons when I made my offer but I have now found that they do run. I offered $250.00 and they said ok. The picture of the 214 was not included in the deal but the owner of the seawolf asked if I also wanted that one for 250.00. Since it is 14kt gold I said ok pretty quick. In the other picture there is a Zodiac and Hamilton tank, Bulova snorkel, Longines automatic, Tissot seastar (1 piece case), Waltham divers and a Hamilton that is puzzling me as to what it is. There may be another or so in there but I just got them and can't remember. Anyway hope you all enjoy the pictures.

post-250-0-95061400-1434577235_thumb.jpg

post-250-0-25051200-1434577256_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I've been researching the Hamilton, the one on the top row third from the left. There are case numbers on the back R88-W-800 which I am thinking was a navy issued watch in WWII maybe for aviators. It's running but needs a service. It has one of those ten sided case backs which usually mean trouble when I go to open it up. You should have seen the two watches the owner of the jewelry store did buy, a Tag Monaco and Carrera.