Hello All

I became fascinated by watch movements from 3D printing a Tourbillon model. Honestly had no idea what it was other than I liked the mechanical aspects to it. Well that turned into learning about the Tourbillon, when it was invented and how it was used. Needless to say, I purchased some movements and a couple pocket watches to "mess with" and now I seem to be hooked.

I have an aerospace/manufacturing background, retired a couple years ago and have a small machine shop in my garage. I have always been fascinated by complex items that were made so many years ago by true craftsmen.

Don't know if anyone here remembers or ever heard of the Rockford Clock Tower Resort and museum. It was a hotel but they also had the Time Museum. They had the "world famous collection of over 2500 timekeeping devices dating from 2000 BC to the present day" and it was absolutely incredible. Unfortunately it closed and I'm not sure where all the items went. I grew up just north of Rockford Il and now reside in Arizona.

I'm sure I'll have a few questions, thanks for your time.

Thanks much!

Here is a link to some of the history. I didn't realize that the museum closed in 1999 so I must have been there prior. Here is a link to some history about the facility. It was condemned in 2017 and torn down in 2018. It used to be a nice place years ago but like many things, it fell into disrepair. 

https://www.rrstar.com/picture-gallery/news/local/2018/06/22/photos-clock-tower-timeline-1968-2018/401526007/

34 minutes ago, 1Macaddict said:

Thanks much!

Here is a link to some of the history. I didn't realize that the museum closed in 1999 so I must have been there prior. Here is a link to some history about the facility. It was condemned in 2017 and torn down in 2018. It used to be a nice place years ago but like many things, it fell into disrepair. 

https://www.rrstar.com/picture-gallery/news/local/2018/06/22/photos-clock-tower-timeline-1968-2018/401526007/

yes its got some interesting history thats for sure. so does the Rockford Watch Co. Check that out.