Hello from a decidedly amateur enthusiast

Geotex

All

I've greatly benefitted from these forums over the past few years as I've been spending more time at the bench with watches in various states of repair and an ever-growing collection of tools.  I decided it was time to actually join for three reasons:

1) Although it seems that nearly every possible question has already been asked and answered somewhere on the site, I'm to the point now that my ignorance seems to be more unique and I may have to start asking my own questions.

2) It will be great to have access to all the service notes, manuals and other materials that people so graciously upload here.

3) I have reached the point where I may just have something useful to contribute when others have questions every once in awhile.

I've always been a fan of mechanical watches and often took them apart as a young boy, but my interest in putting them back together in working condition was kindled by some Benrus military watches. This led to acquiring Benrus civilian watches with similar ETA movements for practice in servicing and repair, which then expanded to Hamilton, Clebar and other watches from the tritium lume era. I'm nearing retirement after a career in medicine and research, and with more time to soon be available I'm looking forward to taking on more complex tasks (and actually using the staking set I cobbled together from numerous online auction lots).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geotex said:

I have reached the point where I may just have something useful to contribute when others have questions every once in awhile.

Your contribution on the Benrus was great!

Welcome to the forums!!