Three more Ellott clocks for my collection

oldhippy

This first one arrived today. It's a nice Bur Walnut case shame it has two tiny marks that need to be sorted other than that it is in all round very good condition.

The second one will be with me in a few days, it also is in very good all round condition. Both bought from ebay, both under £50 each. 

Got this one this evening its a WESTMINSTER & WHITTINGTON chime with platform escapement for just under £200 including P/P. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Edited by oldhippy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Excellent movements. Well made cases. The movements are very easy to repair and all made using very good hard brass. 

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Excellent movements. Well made cases. The movements are very easy to repair and all made using very good hard brass. 

Nice indeed. 

• oldhippy changed the title to Three more Ellott clocks for my collection

Beautiful pieces!

I'm able to keep my watches in my dresser drawer. I was able to keep my guitars in a closet. Where do you keep your clocks (and how many do you have)?

My wife just commented that she also thought those were beautiful and that I should "do" clocks since the pieces are bigger 🙂

- Gary

At the moment they are all over the home. I'm having some nice shelves made so they can be displayed. I have two french clocks one has the complete garnish it is in a sort of light brown mottled look which strikes on a bell. The other is just a nice black slate which also strikes on a bell. A  westminster whittington quarter-hour chime a English strike. A Georgian fusee bracket clock that chimes and strikes on a peal of bells, which needs a lot of work. I'm always looking for a small wall clock but I can't find one that I like. I haven't included the Ellott chime as it hasn't arrived it will be here next week. 

Edited by oldhippy