Proper technique for balance wheel screw adjustment

I have a Longines 17s pocket watch movement that I would like to screw in two mean balance screws but they won't turn even though there is enough thread in either direction on them.  I am asking what is a secure way to hold the balance wheel while allowing careful rotation of the screws?

I've thought of the use of the staking took for even holding pressure but figure there could be a better way or tool.

Thanks

10 hours ago, GeorgeC said:

I have a Longines 17s pocket watch movement that I would like to screw in two mean balance screws but they won't turn even though there is enough thread in either direction on them.  I am asking what is a secure way to hold the balance wheel while allowing careful rotation of the screws?

I've thought of the use of the staking took for even holding pressure but figure there could be a better way or tool.

Thanks

Is this for poising the balance wheel ?

12 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi There are tools which hold the balance wheel secure during adjustment it will be a case of searching to locate the tools.  If the balance is not held secure there is the danger of distorting the rim and or breaking the screws.

Something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354061443955?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=lj10x5iiqiq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=tBiLZaCfRb2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

Not for poising, but to securely hold the balance wheel while rotating the two opposing screws on the balance wheel in (clockwise).  The watch is running too slow for the regulator adjustment to correct.

• Like 1