Just when you think you have free afternoon this batch arrived from eBay approx 400 crystals various sizes,flat, low domed & high domed. For £21 inc postage good value although I bet when required I still do not have the size required😊

55CC4AC9-121B-4E84-8EC0-6B83A040F9C7.thumb.jpeg.e0f103b47490b789d3fd4dc539deba80.jpeg90EAD878-27D5-433F-845C-A0E2A2CAEB8E.thumb.jpeg.acb73dc52f53c4bb54d6bf96b70afbce.jpeg

Edited by clockboy

1 hour ago, clockboy said:

I bet I still do not have the size required

Isn't that always the way things go?

Last week I noticed that the crystal on my 45 year-old dial caliper was broken (and it wasn't a month ago). I had them out while fiddling with watches. While taking photos I've knocked things over. So I ordered a replacement and a crystal press and when they arrived the supposed correct crystal was a good 2mm too large. Mitutoyo says they no longer stock parts for these so it will end up being aftermarket but I can't believe they changed the size of the dial crystals. In fact I'd bet they source them from another vendor.