Hello!

BrehmerR

3 hours ago, BrehmerR said:

I am a pretty new hobbyiss watchmaker and I have been doing it for just about 1,5 years now. I started when I was 15 and i am now 16. 
during that time I have learned a ton about watchmaking but there sure is alot left to learn!

Hello. Bre. There certainly is. So welcome young padawan, yes I'm old and I know Starwars. Tell us a little about what you have learned and done. You can tell us what tools you have collected, about the watches you have. Go for it young man.

2 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Hello. Bre. There certainly is. So welcome young padawan, yes I'm old and I know Starwars. Tell us a little about what you have learned and done. You can tell us what tools you have collected, about the watches you have. Go for it young man.

Well, you certainly can never have enough watches. That is one thing i have learned(;

I have probably worked on at least 200-250 watches by now. Everything from Doxa, Timex, Lagonda to some nicer brands like Omega, Longines, Zenith and now recently some chronos. I would say that I am really good at standard mechanichal watches with simple complications such as date, day, automatic works and so on. I understand the basics.

I am however a beginner on chronos. Ever since I bought my dream watch, a speedmaster, I have wanted to start servicing chronos. After About 3 chronos, all with landeron movements, I am starting to sort of get the hang of it!

I started a small business out of this and recently launched a website. I wont advertise myself but since I have managed to sell many watches I have worked on I have managed to buy a nice arsenal of tools. Some really nice bergeon screwdrivers, Dumont tweezers of some different sizes, a nice vintage crystal press, a reaaaally nice Olympus microscope, a vintage Elma Super Elite if I remember the name correctly🧐 and all other basics. 

My personal watches are however few. I am very picky with what I wear. My favorite is my 2020 Speedmaster Sapphire sandwich which has been my dream watch since I was 13 so I saved up by selling watches and some other work and managed to buy one at 15. 
my second favorite is my modded Seiko skx031 from 2008 with some thin mercedes hands and a wonderful chromed-matted aluminum pepsi bezel. Of course I also wear my newly aquired vintage Ledian chrono from ~1950 with a newly serviced Landeron 48.

lastly I have a Certina Blue Ribbon Volvo 50th anniversary from the seventies in absolutely incredible condition!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BrehmerR said:

Well, you certainly can never have enough watches. That is one thing i have learned(;

I have probably worked on at least 200-250 watches by now. Everything from Doxa, Timex, Lagonda to some nicer brands like Omega, Longines, Zenith and now recently some chronos. I would say that I am really good at standard mechanichal watches with simple complications such as date, day, automatic works and so on. I understand the basics.

I am however a beginner on chronos. Ever since I bought my dream watch, a speedmaster, I have wanted to start servicing chronos. After About 3 chronos, all with landeron movements, I am starting to sort of get the hang of it!

I started a small business out of this and recently launched a website. I wont advertise myself but since I have managed to sell many watches I have worked on I have managed to buy a nice arsenal of tools. Some really nice bergeon screwdrivers, Dumont tweezers of some different sizes, a nice vintage crystal press, a reaaaally nice Olympus microscope, a vintage Elma Super Elite if I remember the name correctly🧐 and all other basics. 

My personal watches are however few. I am very picky with what I wear. My favorite is my 2020 Speedmaster Sapphire sandwich which has been my dream watch since I was 13 so I saved up by selling watches and some other work and managed to buy one at 15. 
my second favorite is my modded Seiko skx031 from 2008 with some thin mercedes hands and a wonderful chromed-matted aluminum pepsi bezel. Of course I also wear my newly aquired vintage Ledian chrono from ~1950 with a newly serviced Landeron 48.

lastly I have a Certina Blue Ribbon Volvo 50th anniversary from the seventies in absolutely incredible condition!

Good heavens Bre. You have been very busy and a man after my own heart(never enough watches). What an impressive collection you have, I am impressed and also very jealous.  You sound like a very intelligent and interesting young man, I think you will fit in well with the amateurs and professionals alike. You will learn much here and it also sounds like you have a lot of expertise to give to the beginners as well.  Enjoy your time here, and I'll  see you around young fella 👍

On 4/25/2022 at 12:33 PM, BrehmerR said:

I am a pretty new hobbyiss watchmaker and I have been doing it for just about 1,5 years now. I started when I was 15 and i am now 16. 
during that time I have learned a ton about watchmaking but there sure is alot left to learn!

wait....you are 16 years old and have worked on 250 watches?

12 minutes ago, JerseyMo said:

wait....you are 16 years old and have worked on 250 watches?

I’d say that’s a fairly avcurate estimation. Ever since I started watchmaking I have been tinkering with watches more or less every day when I have been at home. Some days more than others of course but I find it extremely calming and a great way of passing some time(:

i but a lot of non working watches on auction sites and sell them there too for a small profit allowing me to always buy new tools wothout losing money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrehmerR said:

I’d say that’s a fairly avcurate estimation. Ever since I started watchmaking I have been tinkering with watches more or less every day when I have been at home. Some days more than others of course but I find it extremely calming and a great way of passing some time(:

i but a lot of non working watches on auction sites and sell them there too for a small profit allowing me to always buy new tools wothout losing money.

Good lad, an entrepreneur in the making.👍

50 minutes ago, BrehmerR said:

quite remarkable.   is there any family connection to watchmaking?

2 minutes ago, JerseyMo said:

quite remarkable.   is there any family connection to watchmaking?

There is no connection to watchmaking in the family whatsoever. My father had however always had a faint interest for nice watches and my slightly older brother much more so. I believe that is where my fascination grew from. My watchmaking fascination is a combination of me liking watches and also liking to simply fix things on my own. 

3 minutes ago, BrehmerR said:

There is no connection to watchmaking in the family whatsoever. My father had however always had a faint interest for nice watches and my slightly older brother much more so. I believe that is where my fascination grew from. My watchmaking fascination is a combination of me liking watches and also liking to simply fix things on my own. 

Cool 👍 my little brother from another mother. You stick with it sunshine, you'll go far .

• 4 weeks later...