Y.A.U.M. :( Please, need help to identify.

khang

Hi all and I really feel bad when I ask movement identification but this time I have no clue in my hand. Yes, another unknown movement (at least for me).

I have purchased a small box of used (junk) movements. Inside lots of vintage Swiss movements which is easy to identify mostly for me but this one came in a tiny box, already disassembled. No markings on anywhere (including the rotor), not even a letter other than date numbers on the date wheel. Literally no other text at all. In the small box which it came there was a Citizen case but obviously this is not a Citizen.

So I am stuck, could you please help me to identify what it is?

I shoot with and without the flash.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-22 at 20.55.58.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-22 at 20.55.58 (1).jpeg

The quality of the parts looks really low, so I assume it is a clone movement but clone of what. I want to build it back if possible (just for fun) and practice. But I need a starting point to search for an assembly video, document or stg.

3 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

That looks like an uphill task,  what colour are the screw heads, If blue could be a chinese clone if so no documentation available and next to nothing in the way of parts either

Watchweasol, thank you very much, I mean it, you are always there to help. I really appreciate. 

The screws looks ordinary not blue but most parts look poorly made and no sign of wear on any parts so probably someone bought it, disassembled and left it as it is, or used as a donor.

I've checked the ETA 2836-2 clones but no luck some parts just resemble.

Another possibility if they are pooly finished parts is that it is of Russian origin. If possible assemble the keyless works alone with the setting lever spring and re post a pic some one may recognise the layout and be able to pinpoint the maker.  cheers

• Like 1

Thank you again. I will try do that. And I never thought it can be a Russian movement, good thinking. Have a great one ahead. Cheers.

1 minute ago, watchweasol said:

Another possibility if they are pooly finished parts is that it is of Russian origin. If possible assemble the keyless works alone with the setting lever spring and re post a pic some one may recognise the layout and be able to pinpoint the maker.  cheers

3 hours ago, khang said:

Hi all and I really feel bad when I ask movement identification but this time I have no clue in my hand. Yes, another unknown movement (at least for me).

I have purchased a small box of used (junk) movements. Inside lots of vintage Swiss movements which is easy to identify mostly for me but this one came in a tiny box, already disassembled. No markings on anywhere (including the rotor), not even a letter other than date numbers on the date wheel. Literally no other text at all. In the small box which it came there was a Citizen case but obviously this is not a Citizen.

So I am stuck, could you please help me to identify what it is?

I shoot with and without the flash.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-22 at 20.55.58.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-22 at 20.55.58 (1).jpeg

Hi Khang. Ww. Might be right. My raketa manual  wind has a similar thin plate that fits onto the mainplate. I'm not sure if I recognise anything else though but I could have a look it's in pieces  at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Hi Khang. Ww. Might be right. My raketa manual  wind has a similar thin plate that fits onto the mainplate. I'm not sure if I recognise anything else though but I could have a look it's in pieces  at the moment.

Thanks mate, appreciated. I was looking into Russian movements when I got the notification. 

13 minutes ago, khang said:

Thanks mate, appreciated. I was looking into Russian movements when I got the notification. 

My raketa  has a half plate but it's very similar.  I've just looked nothing much else though. I do mainly  vintage Swiss and haver come across a separate plate like this, not to say that there isn't. Hascit any shock setting ?

11 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

I've got an old scuba dude I could look inside and send you a photo

Thank you so much mate, very kind of you but it is no more necessary cause the winding pinion is missing and it will be far from reality to source it and put it back together. Probably that was the reason I received it in bag 😆. I'll toss it in the dust bin to protect the humanity to go crazy tryin to put it back together.

Watchweasol, Neverenoughwatches thank you so much for your help and sparing your precious time. Really appreciated 🙇‍♂️.

Have a great weekend ahead guys.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:26 AM, khang said:

Thank you so much mate, very kind of you but it is no more necessary cause the winding pinion is missing and it will be far from reality to source it and put it back together. Probably that was the reason I received it in bag 😆. I'll toss it in the dust bin to protect the humanity to go crazy tryin to put it back together.

Watchweasol, Neverenoughwatches thank you so much for your help and sparing your precious time. Really appreciated 🙇‍♂️.

Have a great weekend ahead guys.

I'm sure I said this earlier.  Spare parts if anything, you might come across another one matey. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, khang said:

You're right, I'll keep it for that purpose. Thank you mate 😊.

Only mentioned that, when I started I bought a job lot and most of them were beyond any repair at that stage of my learning and I did throw a couple away until I realised  I could come back to them or break down or be lucky enough  to come across another. I bought a job lot of around 500 quartz for about 40 quid, that was an insane amount of learning and practice stripping  them down. Are you in UK? Oh and a ps. Thanks for your help the other day. Unfortunately  my point collecting jaunt was in vein as it hasn't done me any good, I was supposed to be able to choose my rank name but I don't think it's possible.  I'm stuck with being a super addict now. I upset a member and had a mild telling off 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

1 minute ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Only mentioned that, when I started I bought a job lot and most of them were beyond any repair at that stage of my learning and I did throw a couple away until I realised  I could come back to them or break down or be lucky enough  to come across another. I bought a job lot of around 500 quartz for about 40 quid, that was an insane amount of learning and practice stripping  them down. Are you in UK?

Wow that is indeed an insane amount. The largest I bought was like 15 (all visited the bin 😆). Stripping is actually is not a big deal for. Somehow I have a natural talent to break things down 🙃, problem is putting them back together.

Unfortunately, I am not in the U.K. I wish I was, there are many people that I can learn a lot of things. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, khang said:

Wow that is indeed an insane amount. The largest I bought was like 15 (all visited the bin 😆). Stripping is actually is not a big deal for. Somehow I have a natural talent to break things down 🙃, problem is putting them back together.

Unfortunately, I am not in the U.K. I wish I was, there are many people that I can learn a lot of things. 

It was a bucket load from a watchrepair shop. So if you are needing parts for a quartz  I will most likely  have it👍. It will come fella, if you have any level of manipulation dexterity and mechanical  knowledge and I mean any and a bit of passion for what you are trying to do and learn, you will improve quickly and become good trust me. As soon as you start a project just get it up on here with pictures, what might seem hopeless to repair probably isn't hopeless 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

It was a bucket load from a watchrepair shop. So if you are needing parts for a quartz  I will most likely  have it👍. It will come fella, if you have any level of manipulation dexterity and mechanical  knowledge and I mean any and a bit of passion for what you are trying to do and learn, you will improve quickly and become good trust me. As soon as you start a project just get it up on here with pictures, what might seem hopeless to repair probably isn't hopeless 🙂

Your post really encouraged me a lot. I started to think to give up on watches, but now I will hang on to it stronger. Thank you mate, really 🙇‍♂️. I wish I had the chance to eat up your brainz in person, asking loads of questions 😁 maybe one day we meet in person. Thank you again Neverenoughwatches, you are a good fella. Enjoy you weekend.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khang said:

Your post really encouraged me a lot. I started to think to give up on watches, but now I will hang on to it stronger. Thank you mate, really 🙇‍♂️. I wish I had the chance to eat up your brainz in person, asking loads of questions 😁 maybe one day we meet in person. Thank you again Neverenoughwatches, you are a good fella. Enjoy you weekend.

Aw mate no problem, if I can encourage anyone into staying with something that they enjoy doing then it's worth the effort. After all there is no effort, words cost nothing and can mean everything. If you enjoy it that's the main thing. Haha. My brains are not what they once were or what they may seem. I'm not long into this and only a hobby just now. So I'm not sure what you'll get from me. I take things as far as I can go. I research and practice on an Intense level at the start of whatever I do, that's just how my mind works at a fast pace. Then adapt and hone whatever I know to work around problems. I have very good logic and thought processes, have always been mechanically minded even from the young age of five or so wanting to know how things work. I can't tell you the full story behind taking apart my dad's radio when I was six because I wanted to know what was inside, he never let me forget it lol. I don't always get things right and make mistakes as everyone does, but I learn from them. A positive outlook from a negative situation, a Ying and Yang if you will, aiming find the right balance in life. But by all means matey ask away, I will happily help you if I can, I'm something  of a people pleaser, I get a buzz from it and from watching them succeed. Like I say words cost nothing and if someone has happiness from them then I'm happy too🙂.

4 hours ago, khang said:

You don't need to be with people to build your confidence.  Youtube is a great place to learn, and this forum is filled with people that will teach and inspire you. As long as you remain passionate it will see you though any doubts .🙂

• Like 1