Baylor Dive watch 60’s AS1803

Hey all so I just received this watch. I saw it on eBay and I fell in love with the dial. It has an AS1803 hand wind movement in it. So I knew the watch didn’t run correctly when I bought it. This is what’s wrong, hour hand will only turn counter clockwise when you try and adjust the time, it the minute hand will turn like normal when you adjust the time, but will not move as the time goes. The seconds hand ticks like it should. I’m open to suggestions. Thanks

image.jpg

Malfunction in the minute train, possibly due to dirty or broken spring, you should also adjust and grease the canon pinion.

Will you show a image when you take the minute bridge off so these named  parts can be shown to you.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Probably a loose canon pinion or some damaged parts in the setting works.. minute wheel or intermediate wheel or its associated post may be damaged.

You will only know once you open it up.

Anilv

The canon pinion in AS1803 is offset. 

There is a spring incorporated into the minute train which prevents reverse load transfered back to the offset canon pinion which if malfunctions, it will disrupt moving of the hands in one direction and not in the other.

The crown wheel may also jump " skip" one or more tooth if under excessive load 

• Like 1