I'm new.

goose

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. My name is Rob. I am currently undertaking Mark's watch repair course and enjoying it immensely. I have an interest in vintage watches (as I am a bit vintage myself) and enjoy the mechanical aspect of the hobby. I am slowly acquiring tools of different shapes and sizes, most recently a lovely old Elma cleaning machine. It needs a couple of new lids and the heater element is blown, but other than that is is nice. I need to buy cleaning fluids at some point once i figure our which ones to use.

I am currently working in two movements, one an MST 264 ( trying to find a mainspring), and a J693E (has a very stuck screw on the barrel bridge, In fact just about every screw was really hard to remove).

Any way I hope to chat with many of you in the coming years :)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 12:41 AM, goose said:

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum. My name is Rob. I am currently undertaking Mark's watch repair course and enjoying it immensely. I have an interest in vintage watches (as I am a bit vintage myself) and enjoy the mechanical aspect of the hobby. I am slowly acquiring tools of different shapes and sizes, most recently a lovely old Elma cleaning machine. It needs a couple of new lids and the heater element is blown, but other than that is is nice. I need to buy cleaning fluids at some point once i figure our which ones to use.

I am currently working in two movements, one an MST 264 ( trying to find a mainspring), and a J693E (has a very stuck screw on the barrel bridge, In fact just about every screw was really hard to remove).

Any way I hope to chat with many of you in the coming years 🙂

Morning  Goose. Nice to meet you. Where you from ?

Thanks for the intro @goose welcome to the WRT forum! I'm also relatively new and I'm in the middle of my first service of an Elgin Grade 313 movement which has been stalled for a while as I was waiting for oil and a mainspring winder. Well, my oil arrived today and luckily I picked up an identical 2nd movement so as I disassemble that one it will help me remember how to re-assemble the first one! I've posted some shots of my watches here.

On 4/20/2022 at 5:47 PM, Neverenoughwatches said:

Morning  Goose. Nice to meet you. Where you from ?

thankyou. I live in Hobart, Tasmania. 

On 4/20/2022 at 6:41 PM, watchweasol said:

Hello and welcome to the forum       enjoy

thanks 🙂

On 3/14/2022 at 7:40 PM, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

L & R are one of the best cleaning and rinse you can get. That is what I always used 

Thanks for the welcome and the advice

On 4/21/2022 at 2:25 PM, grsnovi said:

Thanks for the intro @goose welcome to the WRT forum! I'm also relatively new and I'm in the middle of my first service of an Elgin Grade 313 movement which has been stalled for a while as I was waiting for oil and a mainspring winder. Well, my oil arrived today and luckily I picked up an identical 2nd movement so as I disassemble that one it will help me remember how to re-assemble the first one! I've posted some shots of my watches here.

that's great! wish you 'the best. 🙂

On 3/14/2022 at 11:50 AM, Nucejoe said:

Welcome to WRT forum. 

thank 🙂 you