Anybody know what language these service marks are?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I’m American and I’ve tried googling this but I can’t figure it out. I just bought a south bend pocket watch and this is the case with strange markings on it. i know it has to be numerals of some kind where somebody’s serviced it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks159D6CD9-8E11-49C9-B66E-94D7B5144AA0.thumb.png.27d70736625455e3016d4d35de5e0566.png

I saw a code the other day. Was able to suss out the shop. Contacted the owner, to whom I recently got acquainted,  and he told me the history of the watch. The code, in this case, was just a number recorded in their database. Blindingly simple for modern times

Edited by LittleWatchShop
  • Thanks 1

With the exception of something that the American watch and clockmakers Institute once did of assigning numbers to its members everything else is unique to whoever did it. So one time AWCI assigned a number so if I remember right it's a number which corresponds to the state the Delta symbol which is kind of a pyramid shape and the your unique number. That's because they were getting requests from police trying to track down the owner or wherever watch her anything and they had the same problem we did. But otherwise everything is a code number.

The code could range from actually telling whoever what exactly they did. Or other times its references to their book like basically a page number go to page whatever and that's where it will tell about the watch. Occasionally might be lucky the watch was serviced a whole bunch of times and then you can figure out that may be those are date codes in addition to service stuff. But anything beyond that you're just darned lucky or really clever at figuring out how to read a short cipher that's unbreakable

• Thanks 1