Battery histogram

3 hours ago, Nibbler said:

I guess doing this has its plus and minuses 

Matt

I can't help but read every. Single. One. Of your posts in Nibbler's voice when he's talking to people, but then "Matt" is the nibbler cute noise.

Markr looks to have a more statistically significant sample. What's the distribution there?

Edited by spectre6000
  • Like 1

There is a lot of energy in that jar since watches do not drain them completely!!  When I remove a AA battery from service, it goes into the Joule Thief jar and later put into this circuit used as a night light.  It drains the battery down to 0.7 volts or a little less.  I have a couple of germanium transistors that I am gonna use (someday) so I can drain down to about 0.4 volts.

Maybe I should make one for watch batteries

Did somebody say OCD?

2064631960_2022-01-2714_32_50-LTspiceXVII-JouleThief_asc.thumb.png.01b94fadbdce9c9199d8cccc0c9b557e.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I'm guessing, but this commercial demag machine maybe produces random magnetic fields to re-randomise  the iron particles.
    • I've never had a hairspring distort on me by passing the movement or just the balance in a plastic pot over this demagnetiser. Have you seen how fast a cleaning machine spins to spin-off fluid and that does no harm to a hairspring. I was a little concerned when I first used it, thinking it might be too strong, but I was wrong. It is strong, but it does no damage. I pass the part over the demagnetiser and keep going for about an arms length, so about a metre, to properly demag the part.
    • I don't think you would be able to find spare parts. Your best bet would be to get a new movement from eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/256508500506?itmmeta=01HY3M863PSA61GK7B859QCWTE&hash=item3bb9191a1a:g:ubgAAOSwrJJgPP-s&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4DxWhpiQiz2ZjKpm3PS%2FHPh4IafsSzMWEobc2q4qQWgPGMZ8kCR8y2PRsm7GE31FjeSDYSWcEyGlrpZEdQyyzOSgsgsaPjbP7dYmK8r49Nh%2BEtSqDDIZ8Tbp3vvX035fFXgcjc1GEH8l%2FOWJ9aTeWNGzeBgUwqyhJ3ZSXji50TQr6rd38Sqwaqsj2oc51UVKqqIKySKTfxVB7X09EXcJsmeYc5GCdVODNkb02q2RsxfSIzpgl9dFCmW1Ih%2BPg2j2NziSELg5AfaHl%2FPU2Zn9fNnoVN1Z1NUAREyh2BCubcWC|tkp%3ABk9SR_bhoPTwYw
    • Here's a thought. Try unscrewing the bezel and the crystal. If you have one of those sticky balls for undoing casebacks, I would give that a try.
    • Last week I noticed my Eco-drive's second hand was stopped at 12 o'clock. I left it in the sun for a few days and no change, so I figured it was time to replace the rechargeable battery. I've had this guy for at least 15 years. Replaced the battery and the seconds hand moved to about 5 o'clock and stopped there. I let it sit for a day in the sun, no change. I took the battery out and tested it, and it's at 1.4v. The old one was at 1.0v. I'd like to test if it's charging. I've been looking around for diagnostic info, but only been able to find the owner's manual. Anyone have a reference for it?