gaspurge747

Hello everyone I’ve just had a disaster with a shield 7001 the hair spring gone totally out of shape after i tried to adjust the regulator can anybody suggest where to obtain parts or even a good watch repair person as this was my father’s watch and i believe i have  destroyed it.

3E845E4D-8860-48FD-AD36-6B73718582AE.jpeg

D5272062-A0DE-4564-9AB4-B3560A6C564A.jpeg

3 hours ago, gaspurge said:

a good watch repair person

I recommend that you stop right there and give it to a reputable professional, just provide a picture with the back removed if you want. Below our pinned topic about repairers, be aware that to have it repaired the cost may surpass many times the material value of the watch.

• Like 1

Probably means ASschild   AS 70013903_AS 1700, 1701_Smaller (3).pdf        Either do as jdm recomends and take it to a reparier or if you are going to diy find a balance complete(with balancespring) But and its a big BUT without the required tools an knowldge its a dangerous undertaking.     I have attached the seets for the watch for your interest.

2475_AS 1700,1701 (5).pdf

I don't think that the "SHIELD" on the dial refers to the movement maker at all but is simply one of the many tiny microbrands that came and went, possibly a sub-brand of one of the bigger watch companies.

Also it would be a little unusual to put the calibre on the case back, but not impossible, after all Seiko does it.

Until the back is removed and we can actually see what's inside any attempt at ID-ing it is just speculation, however, if I were to hazzard a guess I would go for a Peseux 3xx, 30xx, or 70xx movement. These were used in a lot of lower end dress watches through the '60's and '70's as they were inexpensive and quite thin. They're actually quite nice little movements. There is even a Peseux 7001 which is 2 hand plus sub seconds manual winder.

All that said we need a good picture of the movement before anyone can provide any practical help.

Edited by Marc
additional info
  • Like 1