Greetings

Jarek

Hi, my name is Jarek. I live in Stockholm in Sweden. I have recently found an old pocket watch that I have inherited long time ago. It is a Elgin, grade 95 with golden hunter case build 1889. It works but do not keep time correctly. I tried to find a watch maker to service the watch but it seems impossible, guessing they don't think it is worth it. My profession is mechanical designer and I am working with paper processing machines with a lot of small moving companies. I decided to do it myself. I have ordered a startup set of tools from Bergeron and two movements from ebay with same grade and close serial numbers for practice and, later on, as donors.

I'm glad to find a forum with knowledge of this topic. 

I may have questions. 

Greetings

6 hours ago, VWatchie said:

Välkommen Jarek! Vi är några här från Sverige!

Good luck with your project and we're many here who will try answer any questions that you might have. You seem to have the right attitude and the right strategy to succeed!

Hej, det var roligt att det finns folk från Sverige här. Överraskad men inte förvånad. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...