Hello

Hi All

I am retired, I live in the UK, I have been getting more interested in working with time pieces for a while now and I think I would like to open the back of my Seiko 6119c in the hope of one day seeing work again. I have seen some video's on youtube and find it amazing and would probably start with some pocket watches if I can find some cheep enough for me to probably trash. By the way do anyone know if there is a service manual for a Seiko 6119c?   

Edited by BarryLeslie
Spelling mistake

The preferred pocket watch is a Swiss 6497 or 6498 but they're expensive so the Chinese clone are the preferred. There are available on eBay the relatively inexpensive you might want to purchase 2 in case something happens the first one. What makes them nice is their new they're running and after you take your watch apart and put it back together As unlikely as it is it may not be running it narrows down the suspects of who broke it. Versus working on a broken pocket watch that may or may not ever run again and iif t doesn't run you won't blame yourself for any damage you did.

One source of tech sheets is cousins notice it's limited though because you need to download another tech sheet you need the base caliber sheet. Then one of the problems with some of the older tech sheets the Quality is very poor but it's better than nothing which is quite common with a lot of watches.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/document/search?SearchString=6119c+

Hi JohnR725

Thank you, cousins seems a good place to start, for tools and other equipment and I found a parts list for my Seiko there. I agree with the cheap pocket watches that will come later, I will probably start with a non working £5 job from a second hand shop. If I can strip it down and rebuild and still have all the wheels turn, I will then invest in a working watch or two.