Screw fused

JS335

For a good pre-clean, brush the parts ( while still wet) using a bit of powdered detergent. 

In case part have dried now, resoak in CocaCola before brushing. 

I give the parts couple of cleans in unltrasonic after the pre clean.

• Like 1

I think anything with phosphoric acid would work. I used to have a lime scale remover product from Germany. I think it was called Sillit or something like that. Best stuff for removing rust and tarnish.

But remember to wear gloves. Good ones even. Because latex surgical glove would disintegrate. 🤪

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HectorLooi said:

I think anything with phosphoric acid would work. I used to have a lime scale remover product from Germany. I think it was called Sillit or something like that. Best stuff for removing rust and tarnish.

But remember to wear gloves. Good ones even. Because latex surgical glove would disintegrate. 🤪

Hi Dr.    Questions

Phospheric acid here come in two litter bottles( the smallest ) , its by merc and high concentration.

How do I delete this acid?  would distilled water work?  What ratio of acid water solution and gloves.

I am expecting better results out of higher acid concentration.

TIA 

8 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Brilliant  the moral of the story is drink coke a cola    probably cleans the intestinal tract?   Joe does coke zero work as well.

Ya, pringles new fangle potato chips and coke for a nice snak.

@JS335   I forgot to mention the type of brush, one with strong bristles, used tooth brush will do,  you are scrubbing as you are  brushing, little water on the powdered detergent sort of cleansing with powdered detergent.

Rinse under tap water and keep brushing as you rinse. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Hi Dr.    Questions

Phospheric acid here come in two litter bottles( the smallest ) , its by merc and high concentration.

How do I delete this acid?  would distilled water work?  What ratio of acid water solution and gloves.

I am expecting better results out of higher acid concentration.

TIA 

I have no idea. Concentrated phosphoric acid is about 85%. Coke claims there is only 50-70 mg/100ml of phosphoric acid in their drink. So I guess it wouldn't be more than a teaspoon per litre. You'll have to test it by trial and error.

But I'm shocked that you can buy concentrated phosphoric acid without a license. 😱

1 hour ago, HectorLooi said:

I have no idea. Concentrated phosphoric acid is about 85%. Coke claims there is only 50-70 mg/100ml of phosphoric acid in their drink. So I guess it wouldn't be more than a teaspoon per litre. You'll have to test it by trial and error.

But I'm shocked that you can buy concentrated phosphoric acid without a license. 😱

This young lady chemist friend of mine works at labratory in oil refinery, she gave me the list and can get me some from merc . She has no idea either as to  what concentration works for watch cleaning. I don't want get burns or explode. 

It also works well for preclean.

Thanks for your reply Doc.