upper balance inca clean

gary17

hey guys

Just opened a upper inca and in between the hole jewel and the cap is like a black gunge.(prob old oil) Is it safe to put these jewels in petrel to clean them.Or is there a better way. Also how the hell are you supposed to hold these things. I am doing this through a plastic bag surely there must be a better way.

cheers

gary

5 minutes ago, gary17 said:

hey guys

Just opened a upper inca and in between the hole jewel and the cap is like a black gunge.(prob old oil) Is it safe to put these jewels in petrel to clean them.Or is there a better way. Also how the hell are you supposed to hold these things. I am doing this through a plastic bag surely there must be a better way.

cheers

gary

Cap jewels can be cleaned in Naptha (lighter fluid) and I use a fine pair of sharpened brass tweezers to grasp them. If your tweezers are poor they will not hold the jewel or worse---it will fly through the Nth portal. A thin plastic sheet is a good idea with springs, but it is hard to work through it with jewels. Just make sure you have a large clean work area and go slowly...

• Like 1

Put some lighter fuel in a small pot.  Put the jewel in the pot and clean it under the fluid with pegwood and/or small brush.  Will not go far this way!!  Dress your tweezers to ensure good grip with light touch when transferring about.  Place on paper and allow to dry (do not need to blow or anything else they'll go!).