Help me identify this octagon 26mm gold filled? Rolex

So i stumbled upon - it seems to me, a¬†gold filled octagon rolex ¬†26mm and I couldnt find the other information. I think the engravings on the case back say its from 1953 and its got enamel dial? It would be great if someone here was able to identify this ūüôā

64812DFD-1267-4EBA-86D4-4CB252C96E66.jpeg

CC770C12-9815-46B6-9F42-FC39BC32A2B9.jpeg

E7DA77CD-8354-468B-962E-F3F0FB2622F9.jpeg

3 hours ago, khrisph said:

So i stumbled upon - it seems to me, a gold filled octagon rolex  26mm and I couldnt find the other information.

I don't know about your watch, but FYI that on this forum we have a dedicated section where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves first. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jdm said:

I don't know about your watch, but FYI that on this forum we have a dedicated section where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves first. 

I think that call only applies to the forum called "Watch Repairs Help & Advice" because that prompt, about introducing yourself, is only under that heading. Anyway, always nice with a bit of background.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Is it really that important, aren't we just here to discuss watch repair? Unless they have a background in watches or something relatable to watch repair then I personally couldn't care less about their life history. 

• Like 2

Looked up Rolex.  They started putting the crown on the dial in the 1930s so looks like this watch is older than 1953.  I'd say it could be from the 1920s (art deco styling) but I'm no expert on watches.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 4:14 PM, VWatchie said:

I think that call only applies to the forum called "Watch Repairs Help & Advice" because that prompt, about introducing yourself, is only under that heading. Anyway, always nice with a bit of background.

Never mind

Edited by GomBoo

11 hours ago, khrisph said:

Thank you so much for the replies. :))

You're very welcome.  Perhaps it would be an idea to send a pic to Rolex themselves and see what they have to say.  You might have to take the back off the watch and take a few more pics.  Would be worth a try.  If you do that, please let us know how you get on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Kieran
      Hello,
      I recently serviced a W&D 1915 trench watch and to my horror discovered that the balance staff was worn, this meant that the watch would run dial down but not in any other orientation. 
      I believe it is a  BTCo (Damas) movement but not sure on caliber.
      If anyone can identify the movement and calibre and knows where spares can be sourced I'd be very grateful. Alternatively if anyone can suggest a replacement period correct movement that would be brilliant.
      Thank you
      Kieran

• By ChrisH
      I found this forum during a search for a reason that my watch dial or face twisted or rotated inside the watch. I’m unable to find anything about this happening. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated. I got the watch as a graduation gift 20+years ago and wear it almost every day . Thanks. 

• By Graziano
      An aquatance asked me to have a look at his milgauss, this is what I found. The case is heavy and all parts feel and look correct ref no 116400gv green crystal.Has the Rolex emblem etched on the crystal. The bracelet has correct screw pins, the caseback is solid and feels smooth when unscrewing. Then I phoned him to tell the good news. And he informed me he paid 100 dollars. The case is worth more than the movement. 

• By GeorgeC
      I have overhauled this watch and upon reassembly, I can't get the oscillating weight to turn freely.  It wasn't turning when I tore it down for cleaning.
      Has anyone had any experience fitting the two part gear and post to the OSC weight?  I am having trouble with keeping the keyed gear in to the male post part of the oscillating weight hub, then turning over to attach the spring clip.   Need two more hands I think. 

• By Rafael
      Hi!
      Anybody knows what is the circled part in the picture*? How should you reinstall? Does it need to have any movement or should it be tightly screwed on one place?
      It looks like it's not connected to anything or that i'm missing something. 
      The Rolex watch i'm trying to fix on stops dial side up and i'm thinking this may be the culprit since i didn't touched it and couldn't find anything else wrong, but who knows ?
      (*Took a screen shot from a YouTube video but it looks the same on the 1520 caliber only in silver).

Thanks!
      Rafael