New Member from Los Angeles

Greetings and salutations to my fellow watch enthusiasts of the interwebs! My name's Garret and I'm from Los Angeles. I work as a durometer technician during the day and enjoy painting miniature figures, listening to music, and researching horology during my off time. Recently, my fascination with watches has turned itself into an actual newfound hobby. I decided to play around with disassembling, reassembling, and modding a couple of small automatic Seiko SNK809 field watches. I'm now onto putting together an SKX013 for my dad for father's day. I've been building up my tool collection and hope to move even deeper into the world of watch modding and repair. Finding Mark's video's on YouTube has been invaluable to my understanding of the Seiko 7S26 movement and I look forward to absorbing as much knowledge from WRT as I can!

20210610_200827.thumb.jpg.0d5f58da57c9c1216c35b1bf85c71bf1.jpg

Above is the SKX013 I'm currently putting together for my dad.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:55 PM, oldhippy said:

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

You could join Marks courses they will teach you all you need to know. You might find this doc helpful.

1033305402_TZIllustratedGlossary(1).pdf 4.2 MB · 0 downloads

oldhippy, thank you so much for this; I'm about to print out a hand copy right now. It's the most complete, concise, and well organized bit of critical watch-knowledge I've seen so far.