E168m help required with information or part

Hello I’m in uk could anyone help maybe have a old e168m eco drive or the second gear and pinion from one or barring that a part number for one any help apreciated. I can’t seem to find technical manual or parts list anywhere.
I am After trying to repair rather than get new as just got into horology and find it fun. Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, Nomad1001 said:

Hello I’m in uk could anyone help maybe have a old e168m eco drive or the second gear and pinion from one 

While is possible that someone will respond, here most members do focus on mechanical watches. I suggest that you look on Ebay for a donor watch or ask on a specialized forum like SCWF. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jdm said:

While is possible that someone will respond, here most members do focus on mechanical watches. I suggest that you look on Ebay for a donor watch or ask on a specialized forum like SCWF. 

Thanks for the response will try but donor watches more expensive than new movement and trying to repair as to much throw away now a days.

11 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Where as there seems to be no actual manual for the E168 there is thuis generic manual for the E1xx series which may cover the 168 also so  find it attached.     cheers

E100.pdf 598.09 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks had a look and good guide but no part number for forth wheel and pinion / second wheel. Looks like new movement and keep this as spares 

1 hour ago, Nomad1001 said:

Thanks had a look and good guide but no part number for forth wheel and pinion / second wheel. Looks like new movement and keep this as spares 

Even with a part number, I don't think you would have much luck getting Citizen or Miyota mov.t parts. They just don't care distributing them, also because there is very little demand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdm said:

Even with a part number, I don't think you would have much luck getting Citizen or Miyota mov.t parts. They just don't care distributing them, also because there is very little demand. 

Thanks Jdm

I know you can get parts for the citizen auto / mechanical watches shame to throw movements away when people willing to try repairs. Think the E168 is one of the more used in the citizen eco diver watches. Think the watch I’m trying to repair 300m diver E168-S078466 is return for repairs only. 
thanks for replying.👍

Return to base for repairs is slowly where the indusrty is heading, I think its a delierate attempt to squeeze out the independent repairer and distribute through main dealers, the repairs etc sent back to the factory. The motyor industry is getting the same way due to special tools required and the construction methods employed.

Update  for anyone wanting to know after reading generic manual provided by watchweasol it looked like a lot of generic parts per model but different form factors and day date etc.

I saw E101m on eBay cheap but no solar cell so went for it £7 total including delivery it arrived today and a I have attached pictures here I swapped over the forth wheel / second wheel and arbour and it fit like a glove put movement back together and put on second hand and put in sun away the E168m went ticking nicely so working ok.

When I purchased watch It had snapped stem in crown and dissolved this with alum powder but it took 5 days and heating on a stove but it got it out I have reassembled watch and I repainted bezel with humbrol enamel paint. 

all working happy happy man here.

i55CFA2B1-70A3-4B88-A000-F2D9F1584E83.thumb.jpeg.b11f1087d5b45d4eed318ed1e43939ff.jpeg

E101m

7F7A11A3-034D-473A-A77D-8F9F7B24EA96.thumb.jpeg.6c69fa541274938b31029a47fe2df900.jpeg

E168m on left with forth wheel out this has more metal gears where the E101m on right has more plastic.

There are a lot of intechangebable parts though

image.thumb.jpg.42aa4c698b3ff43d1eaed48dde5806d6.jpg

watch reassembled but needs glass polishing to remove some scratches.

thanks for assistance Watchweasol and JDM. 🥳🥳😊

Edited by Nomad1001
Corrected names and rearranged
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...