Another new member

tman

Hello.

Another new sign-up here.

I'm an IT bod by trade and I spend most of my spare time restoring vintage cars these days.

In a past lives I've been a draughtsman, electronic technician, TV engineer and worked a while in laser printer development.

My downfall if you will is, if I have a faulty 'something' in my life I have to take it apart to try to fix it, I can't help myself! I'm moderately successful, mostly down to determination and stubbornness rather than any outright skill-set on my part!

I've spent a few weeks of evenings watching Mark's YouTube videos and they inspired me to dip my toe into horology.

Where this will take me I don't know. What I've realised fairly quickly is that for this to be a lasting hobby, I need a microscope - eyeglasses are going to become tedious for me very quickly.

My order of tools from Cousins arrived last week. I compiled my shopping list while watching videos but I have to confess that since this is yet to become an 'official' hobby, I kept it pretty much to budget/no-name brands.

Anyway, that's all from me - I've need to go and write up a post asking for help from you good people!

cheers
andrew

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

A good screwdriver set will make life easier than cheap ones  the same goes for tweezers. 

This set is good to set you off

Bergeon 30080-P05 screwdrivers

Dumont tweezers No 3