Mum's watch

jaspy

Hi all just wondering if anyone may be able to help? the watch in the image is a Next one that was purchased for my mum with another two to other family members who are no longer with us. She thought it was just requiring a battery, however once changed it still does not work. I do not have the facilities to test quartz movements and was wondering if it would be possible to purchased another quartz movement and fit the old dial and hands? If so, where and which one would be suitable? btw the movement diameter is 17.5mm

Regards Jasp

140847848_4897407243664889_6374253410373993760_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, jaspy said:

Hi all just wondering if anyone may be able to help? the watch in the image is a Next one that was purchased for my mum with another two to other family members who are no longer with us. She thought it was just requiring a battery, however once changed it still does not work. I do not have the facilities to test quartz movements and was wondering if it would be possible to purchased another quartz movement and fit the old dial and hands? If so, where and which one would be suitable? btw the movement diameter is 17.5mm

Regards Jasp

140847848_4897407243664889_6374253410373993760_n.jpg

Finding a new Miyota quartz movement should be easy. Just lift that white plastic ring and try to find the model number of your movement.

Hi   I should remove the AG1 battery and fit a renata watch batters  the cheap ones have a tendency to leak, and if they do the watch is usually ruined.

Cousins have 2035@ £1.25.    5Y20 @ £5.15.   2030 is Obsolete . all 6 3/4  X   8. depends on whether it is a three hand or two hand movement. Attached is the tech manual to help you.     cheers

2030.pdf

I have gotten many of these to run again with the use of some quick dry electronic spray. use a blower to push air around and get the spray to dry up.  than follow with a dab of Teflon\silicon electronic lube to those tiny pivot holes.  You may even slip some lube direct to any gears. about a 50% chance it may start up.