Landeron 11/13 (13 ligne) balance compatibility with any other movements?

Emily

Hello all!

I am in the middle of a fun treasure hunt and I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out.

I have a very old Landeron 11 (or 13) column wheel movement that is good but is missing the balance and balance cock. This is a 13 ligne movement.

These movements are sooo hard to find parts for, does anyone have any clue if any of the other landeron movements have compatible balances? If I can get a balance wheel, balance cock, and hairspring I can replace the staff. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Emily

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emily said:

Hello all!

I am in the middle of a fun treasure hunt and I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out.

I have a very old Landeron 11 (or 13) column wheel movement that is good but is missing the balance and balance cock. This is a 13 ligne movement.

These movements are sooo hard to find parts for, does anyone have any clue if any of the other landeron movements have compatible balances? If I can get a balance wheel, balance cock, and hairspring I can replace the staff. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Emily

Yes, indeed, soooo hard.

i only see Staff being available:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/search?SearchTerm=rondastaffs1228

note:

The Landeron 11 and similar Landeron 13 was a chronograph movement produced in the 1940's by Landeron.

It is a compact 5-pillar column wheel monopusher chronograph movement measuring 13 ligne. Cal. 13 had a stronger mainspring.

Cal. 13 was also sold by Alpina as their Cal. 651 and Cal. 940.

Edited by Poljot

5 hours ago, Poljot said:

Yes, indeed, soooo hard.

i only see Staff being available:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/search?SearchTerm=rondastaffs1228

note:

The Landeron 11 and similar Landeron 13 was a chronograph movement produced in the 1940's by Landeron.

It is a compact 5-pillar column wheel monopusher chronograph movement measuring 13 ligne. Cal. 13 had a stronger mainspring.

Cal. 13 was also sold by Alpina as their Cal. 651 and Cal. 940.

Thank you! Yes sadly I looked at cousins and julesborrel to try to find any more information and indeed that is all I came up with as well. I may just try to grab a 47 or 48 (13.75 ligne) and see if the hairspring and balance wheel will work. Sadly I also need a balance cock which I think is going to be the real challenge ???

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Balance complete  ETA 2325 fits it

According to Balancestaffs.com the dimensions for the Landeron staff are A=425, B=203, J=100, G=49, K=75. For ETA 2325 they areA=291, B=147, J=100, G=37, K=50.

Not sure how you're going to get the balance complete from ant ETA 2325 to fit the Landeron.

49 minutes ago, Marc said:

According to Balancestaffs.com the dimensions for the Landeron staff are A=425, B=203, J=100, G=49, K=75. For ETA 2325 they areA=291, B=147, J=100, G=37, K=50.

Not sure how you're going to get the balance complete from ant ETA 2325 to fit the Landeron.

?

In notes I have of old watchmaker's estate,  alpina940 ( hand written) looks like 640.

Just checked again also noticed poljot has given the correct caliber anyway, its alpina 940.

Good you noticed my mistake.

Would someone remove my post, please.