antishock landeron

gary17

Hey guys

Whats the difference between shock proof and super shock resist when ordering a balance complete I need 1 for a landeron 48 and one for a landeron 149. I know there not inca.

The choice i have is ordinary or shockproof or super shock resist. please open pic and see. Also i would like to order some balance staffs to try and save a few other balances. But what size. I cannot measure them as the pivots are broke. so how do i know what size i need. And of course they do not all break in the same place.

cheers

gary

IMG_20201205_181613.jpg

Your picture is not showing a shockproofed balance, so I guess it must be the "ordinary" that you need. Super Shock Resist is a shockproof system where the hole jewel is mounted in a spiral spring to provide the radial absorbtion. The end-stones are sprung separately. Have a look at this German Wikipedia entry:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoßsicherung

There's a simple rule for estimating the length of broken pivots but...I can't remember it.

1 hour ago, gary17 said:

Hey guys

Whats the difference between shock proof and super shock resist when ordering a balance complete I need 1 for a landeron 48 and one for a landeron 149. I know there not inca.

The choice i have is ordinary or shockproof or super shock resist. please open pic and see. Also i would like to order some balance staffs to try and save a few other balances. But what size. I cannot measure them as the pivots are broke. so how do i know what size i need. And of course they do not all break in the same place.

cheers

gary

It's simple:

- ordinary

- get your trusted tools of your choice to remove and measure your existing Staffs. Do yourself a favour - do not break the "other" side pivot during staff removal process. This will help you to get more accurate "A" estimate

- measure B, J, G, K, estimate A and then cross reference this "alphabet" with the catalogue entries for "ordinary" Staffs for each calibre (see example below). Voila.

Staff_ - Copy.PNG

Edited by Poljot