Another Micro Rotor In The House

Gotwatch

Never owned or serviced one. Are they efficient with the autowinding when serviced? I am curious as normally the auto,s have a large rotor I presume because a heaver rotor, rotates more efficiently than a light rotor.

Hi CB.

There is a lot of information on the net that well describes the pR os and cons of these movements better than I could.

What I will say is when wearing one on a daily basis I could not personally tell the difference between a micro rotor and an ordinary rotor, apart from the thickness of the watch. Mine both work fine, and when left overnight enough power reserve to be put back on my wrist without extra winding.

Edited by Geo

I have read somewhere that in some of the higher end incarnations of these movements the question of winding efficiency with the smaller rotor is addressed by making it out of pure gold to increase its mass. This has also been done in some of the top end full rotor autos though, and there are quite a lot of expensive M/R autos without gold rotors, so either the impact was too low to justify the cost, or it was just another marketing gimmick along the lines of the jewel count.