Crystal Package Reading

Hi Everyone!

I purchased a lot of crystals. I tend to be rough on crystals for some reason. Anyway, are there significance to the numbers like PA-459-25? Is that a company code and I can't really use it for my purposes?

Thank you !

What you need to answer your question is a crystal catalog. At the link below You'll see a discontinued crystal catalog but if you read carefully you can download the PDF..Then on the bottom of page 105 it tells you that the PA-459-25 Is a 29.2 mm diameter round crystal for zodiac watch.

http://www.esslinger.com/g-s-crystal-catalog.aspx

Excellent! Thank you so much! I knew I could find the answer here! I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for sharing and being supportive for those of us that are just learning! Again, thank you!

G

Also, now this brings to mind another question and I may be missing the obvious. If I have a watch and just a name, e.g., Bulova 11AFC how do I reference something to find a crystal or to know what crystal to look for?

Also, now this brings to mind another question and I may be missing the obvious. If I have a watch and just a name, e.g., Bulova 11AFC how do I reference something to find a crystal or to know what crystal to look for?

For crystals such as Bulova you need the case number. You usually find it inside the case stamped into the metal if you're lucky or unlucky it's been stamped with black ink which tends to wash off when you're cleaning the case. Without the case number you are going to have a problem..