The Worlds Most Complicated Watch By Patek

This video has been mentioned before, if I remember correctly, because I've seen it before.

And, yes, I have two these.

In my dreams...

Will

:D

Edited by WillFly

Our younger son was 7 years with Patek in Geneva, among other things setting up a quality control facility.  During one lunchtime in their canteen I was introduced to one of their bods who did some of the most delicate assembly work. He was part time - a watchmaker early in the morning and a farmer who looked after his cows later in the day. There is a lesson to be learned here!

a watchmaker early in the morning and a farmer who looked after his cows later in the day. There is a lesson to be learned here!

Incredible!

If anyone finds a bit of straw in their Patek they'll know who's responsible! :)

Milk -> lifestyle -> early mornings ->steady hands, beware you malt lovers.

Incidentally the Patek film was run continuously in the window of a licensed Patek watchmaker's shop in Aachen last summer. It attracted quite a crowd; great publicity but not many takers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• No matter how trivial and obvious I'm looking forward to having ALL of my queries answered and explained in detail here ... 
    • I agree, it's so sad how we chose to use our inventive abilities. I saw this video about what would happen if a single Russian nuclear bomb detonated in New York and it scared the living daylights out of me. Everyone should see it, especially our politicians who I'm not sure are aware of the destructive power of nuclear weapons. They don't seem to worry much. Perhaps they think they will be safe in their bunkers. In the video, it is mentioned that just a single intercontinental ballistic missile "SS-18 Satan" corresponds to over 530 Hiroshima bombs. It's all beyond comprehension. Humanity and civilisation wouldn't stand a chance. Sorry for going OT again!
    • The best advice I received when starting watch repair was don’t force anything.. screws, lifting bridges etc etc.. The other vital skill is using tweezers without losing the part., for me never hold a part tightly and the tweezers must be dressed.
    • Hi can someone tell me where a can buy this chart for breguet hairspring frequency?
    • OK Rich, may be You are just a little bit more worried than really needed. Who am I to say, jus a newbie here but... Such a big forum will not collapse in any case, exept if the people loose their interest to participate. If something happens to the owner,  then senior members will be able to handle the forum. Let me show an example where one of the moderators of the russian forum (thow He was not russian), a man of great knowlage abd big heart, passed away in 2023. Thow His personal site is still working, the russians coppied the whole site to safe place here. I mean, all depends on the people and if they need to do something, they will find the way. Actually, the forum is place where people can meet and share. As a final measure, people can share their phone numbers and use Viber to comunicate, at least people who are interested to keep connection between each other.