Very Very Unusual !

Zapping at the "bay", and look what I found  (item nº 201290000699). Sorry I did not copy and past here the photo as I don't know if I am alowed to do this, due the copyrights.

Did anybody already see a watch like this? Very different.

Obs.: Bergeon have a compass to check by proximity if some part of the movement is magnetized. My question is, if there is some part magnetized in that watch, how can the owner find Meca direction?

• Like 1

No I've never seen such a watch. The Ranfft website says it is a AS 2063 movement and I assume the compass needle is shielded in some way so as to not magnetize or adversly affect the operation of the watch? The arabic inscriptions are probably from the Koran.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?11&ranfft&&2usau&1040832097

JC

Edited by noirrac1j

Hi JC.

I agree but it is difficult to understand a way to the compass be imune to some magnetic influence as it is inside the shell case, and still working correctly to indicate the mgnetic north.

Another interesting point is that both sites do not give any explanation about the text in the dial and backplate. What ranfft site says off technical details is obvious to conclude .

Cheers

Ricardo

No guys, it is Swiss made, the text looks that way because the watchmaker who made it was drunk while writing it. It doesn't give the time but the location. :D

Now, seriously, I can't see myself wearing a watch I don't understand...the learning curve for Arabic Language is very steep! All in all, an interesting watch, considering the back is stainless steel I wonder if the rest is made of antimagnetic materials.