Identication

Hello to all, I was given a watch to repair from a friend its about a1920s ladies watch I haven't identified the movement yet its just got number 20 under the balance and Swiss made on the barrel bridge. Anyway the hairspring was a mess so I got my tweezer and hairspring manipulation tools out and as soon as I removed the balance from cock the stud broke off. So I worked the hairspring after about 2 hours I then restudded it to see how it was going. No good too short lost about 4mm of the end. Is anyone able to identify this low jeweled movement?. That's a pen in picture 5 next to the hairspring 

IMG_20200308_105902.jpg

IMG_20200308_110947.jpg

IMG_20200308_112156.jpg

IMG_20200308_114742.jpg

IMG_20200308_123528.jpg

IMG_20200308_111747.jpg

IMG_20200310_180240.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Large family so a HS off of any member would vibrate with this. Don't know if any member did beat more than 18000 though.

Not much around in the way of donor movements ,but I found a 6 jewel as 340 for 20 dollars with a good balance that ticks for a bit so I will whip the hairspring of that . The 341 is a thinner movement so I went with the 340 . It is a big family of movements .

Edited by Graziano

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I don't understand why did You use the bubble wrap. If You think there is any use to hold the thing exactly in the middle of the hole - wrong, there is no matter, just pass it tru the hole and take it away to at least 40 cm before release of the button. If You reduce the current, then You reduce the field strenght too, thus not alowing the tool to be demagnetised if it is holding stronger field than the coil can create. My advice is to eat You breakfast (for more muscle strenght) and to fix the demagnetiser to the table or bench top with some clamp so You will be able to use the both hands, then ask You wife to press the button for You...
    • In WW2 they used to demag submarines. 
    • You know when you pass pieces through the hole, how far do you continue to move them away from the demag ?   With the blue china ones if i don't move the steel far enough away it doesn't fully demag it , i also carry out the process twice. For a tenner its working perfectly for me up to now. Thats a big jobby Jon, even though the blue effort is working fine for me this will look well cool sat in the corner of the watchroom and might pull a few lost parts from their hidding places as a bonus . Flick the switch with a bargepole from the doorway to avoid a zinging barrel arbor taking an eyeball out.
    • Yup, I have one of those up in my shed and it's extremely effective. I picked mine up at a car boot sale for a couple of quid because nobody knew what it was. Mine looks like it came out of the Ark so I guess that they've been around for a long time. Generally for watch stuff I use an equally ancient pass through type which is usually sufficient but for really stubborn items, particularly tools I use the Eclipse.
    • I would doubt the part is available, you'll probably have to make your own.